Time to count ’em down, folks. These are, in my fair and balanced opinion, the top ten Brammo stories of 2010, in reverse order, of course:
10. Brammo Enertia wins the Edison award for “Best New Product: Transportation.”
9. Ali Afshar and ESX Motorsports starts showing off the Brammo Enertia at Malibu’s “Rock Store,” Bob’s Big Boy, and the Power Rangers convention. Ali – ESX, weekly rides and Power Rangers.
8. Brammo branches out of the Best Buy marketplace, looking for dealers, and finding at least one: Hollywood Electrics. See: Dealership development director solicitation and the Hollywood Electrics story. (There would have been at least an Honorable Mention for the Brammo Enertia Appears on BestBuy.com story, but for the unfortunate attempted buying experience story).
7. The Hong Kong Police test a fleet of Brammo Enertias.
6. Main stream media cover Brammo and some even call it the “Best Electric Motorcycle of 2010.” See, also, Cycle World review, Popular Mechanics , Entrepreneur, National Geographic (not on the site, yet), CNBC Power Lunch – one of the best products of 2010, and too many more to list here.
5. Jackie Chan and his company, JCAM, team with Brammo to introduce the motorcycles to Asia and to an upcoming Jackie Chan movie. And, basically, the world gets to see the Brammo bikes at EICMA in Milan and at the Hong Kong Motorcycle show.
4. Brammo announces the partnership with Flextronics to produce electric motorcycles around the world.
2. Brammo unveils the Brammo Enertia Plus with Double the range.
And finally, the top story in my opinion, of 2010:
1. Brammo announces the Empulse – 100 mph, 100 mile range, naked streetfighter.
Some honorable mentions:
Voyage of Rob Novey, and the (hopefully) soon-to-be-published book of Zen and the Art of Electric Motorcycle Maintenance.
It looks like I’m not the only one putting together a list of the great year Brammo has had. Click here to see their 2010 Christmas Card with a slide show that includes many of the stories, above.