Another quiet couple of days in the Brammosphere have led me to the point of speculation about E-day. E-day, or Enertia Day, is the day when the Brammo Enertia Powercycle appears on the showroom floor at the Portland, Oregon, Best Buy store (Cascade Station).
First, I take the information I know, or have a pretty good idea about:
1. Brammo CEO Craig Bramscher has sent a couple photos of Vail, Colorado.
2. The Pacific Crest Technology Leadership Forum is happening right now in Vail.
3. The conference is over today, August 11, 2009.
4. Bramscher will be in Boulder, Colorado on Thursday, August 13, 2009, for the presentation by Crispin, Porter + Bogusky. The CP+B interns which Brammo won in the Ebay auction have been busy creating some eye (and ear) candy for Brammo. They (at least the ones that haven’t left for college already) get to do the “reveal” that day.
5. The Best Buy store in Portland does NOT have an Enertia on display today (8/11/09) (contrary to some random assertions).
That leaves us with Friday. Now comes the totally unsupported speculation:
I think E-Day will happen next week, either Wednesday or Thursday. According to Manon’s algorithm, the best days to conduct a product launch fall on either the last of the “teen” days or the first of the “20” days, provided that they do not fall on a Friday through Monday.
Actually, I made that up.
I chose Wednesday the 19th because it’s my birthday. Alternatively, I chose the 20th because it is the “New Moon” and my daughter is a big fan of the “Twilight” series.
If you have a better guess, let’s hear it in the comments.