Posts Tagged Ali Afshar
Time to count ‘em down, folks. These are, in my fair and balanced opinion, the top ten Brammo stories of 2010, in reverse order, of course:
10. Brammo Enertia wins the Edison award for “Best New Product: Transportation.”
9. Ali Afshar and ESX Motorsports starts showing off the Brammo Enertia at Malibu’s “Rock Store,” Bob’s Big Boy, and the Power Rangers convention. Ali – ESX, weekly rides and Power Rangers.
8. Brammo branches out of the Best Buy marketplace, looking for dealers, and finding at least one: Hollywood Electrics. See: Dealership development director solicitation and the Hollywood Electrics story. (There would have been at least an Honorable Mention for the Brammo Enertia Appears on BestBuy.com story, but for the unfortunate attempted buying experience story).
7. The Hong Kong Police test a fleet of Brammo Enertias.
6. Main stream media cover Brammo and some even call it the “Best Electric Motorcycle of 2010.” See, also, Cycle World review, Popular Mechanics , Entrepreneur, National Geographic (not on the site, yet), CNBC Power Lunch – one of the best products of 2010, and too many more to list here.
5. Jackie Chan and his company, JCAM, team with Brammo to introduce the motorcycles to Asia and to an upcoming Jackie Chan movie. And, basically, the world gets to see the Brammo bikes at EICMA in Milan and at the Hong Kong Motorcycle show.
4. Brammo announces the partnership with Flextronics to produce electric motorcycles around the world.
2. Brammo unveils the Brammo Enertia Plus with Double the range.
And finally, the top story in my opinion, of 2010:
1. Brammo announces the Empulse – 100 mph, 100 mile range, naked streetfighter.
Some honorable mentions:
Voyage of Rob Novey, and the (hopefully) soon-to-be-published book of Zen and the Art of Electric Motorcycle Maintenance.
It looks like I’m not the only one putting together a list of the great year Brammo has had. Click here to see their 2010 Christmas Card with a slide show that includes many of the stories, above.
ESX Motorsports showed up at a Cycle Gear store in Flangdangle, California last weekend and posted these photos, for your amusement. Looks like it was a bit wet that day, which would go a long way toward explaining why Ali Afshar’s red Enertia ended up inside the store, and the Best Buy mutations ended up exposed to the weather.
According to our friends at ESX Motorsports, the Enertia works well as a pit bike. For those unfamiliar with the concept (as I was, until a few months ago), a pit bike is what is used by the drivers or riders and the pit crew to get around the areas under the stands, in the paddock, and around the parking lot of a racetrack during a racing weekend.
This week Brammo starred at the IDRC International Finals. It’s official: the Brammo Enertia is the ultimate pit bike – quiet, fast, maneuverable, and clean. They were a true asset and helped us secure the win in the ‘True Street’ division.
When the bikes weren’t running through the crowds catching eyes, they were at home base on display comfortably in the Brammo tent. People flocked to our area to learn more about the exciting bikes buzzing around the event. Here we showed videos, distributed flyers, and answered any questions people had about Brammo.
Ali Afshar is a man of many talents. He’s an actor, a racer, a Brammo Babe wrangler, owner of ESX Motorsports, producer of the upcoming movie “Born to Race” and an owner of one Ferrari Red Brammo Enertia. I met Ali at the Laguna Seca race and can report that he’s an approachable, friendly, and genuinely funny man who truly believes in the mission behind Brammo – Saving the World, Two Wheels at a Time. Saving the world is a pretty big proposition when you think about it. But Ali has powerful friends – close, personal and powerful friends. In Ali’s listing on the Internet Movie Data Base is the “Power Rangers Turbo” television show. He was the voice of the Phantom Ranger.
This would explain the ringtone on Ali’s phone, which was very busy that July weekend:
Here’s the priceless pictures:
And a bonus video of Ali at Morphicon, the Power Rangers convention:
Follow Ali and his various ventures here:
Now that the news is out about Brammo racing at the e-Power electric motorcycle race next week during the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix, Mazda Raceway (Laguna Seca), I get to spill my own little pot of beans: I’ll be there.
Brammo will be doing a formal “handing over of the keys” to me at some point during the weekend. In case you’re new around here, I won the title of “Brammo Evangelist of the Year” and received the prize – a 2010 Brammo Enertia. Although I’ve already taken delivery of the prize, Brammo wanted to do it up right. The challenge, of course, is going to involve me handing the existing key over to them, so they can hand it back to me. It’s all about trust. (note to self- leave extra key at home).
I’ll be at the Brammo Paddock/Tent/Headquarters along with the usual suspects: CEO Craig Bramscher, Product Development Director (and designer of the Enertia and the Empulse) Brian Wismann, Marketing guru Adrian Stewart, and the rest of the Brammo minions. Aaron Gobert, Brammo’s rider and AMA speedster might be hanging out as well. I hear that, along with the Empulse-based race bike, they will be bringing the Empulse prototype, the Shocking Barack bike, and maybe an Enertia or two for test rides.
Will Ali Afshar and the ESX Motorsports crew be there? Likely. Lady Gaga? Not so likely. Jay Leno? Possibly. Jackie Chan? I couldn’t say.
I may even be accompanied by Ms.Brammofan, but she’s been scouting out some shopping venues in nearby Carmel-by-the-Sea (sounds Hazardous-to-my Wallet), so no guarantees you’ll actually get to meet her. If you’re going to be there, be sure to drop by Brammo HQ. If you say “Hi! I’m a Brammo Fan, too,” I’ll even waive the usual surcharge on having your picture taken with me. Unless, of course, you’re a certain EV advocate who still owes me the surcharge plus interest and penalties from the last time I agree to have my picture taken with her:
For some reason, Ms.Brammofan is very interested in meeting Ms. Sexton.
Drop on by, see the Empulse, meet the Brammo Boys, and let’s watch some great racing together.